Quote Originally Posted by Palanka View Post
Thanks for the info! It sounds really interesting. I hope the one I uploaded will work fine.

I didn't think about it at the time, but you probably would need to remove the numbers also for VTT play and double the size of the base map. For most VTT play, the expectation is that the will be somewhere around 50px or more per 5 foot square. Most VTT users prefer 100,150 or 200 px per 5 foot so you can really zoom in and see the details easily.

Also, though primarily intended for internet play originally, many players are now connecting to a VTT at the face to face table (each player with a laptop) or using an external monitor to show everyone at the table the players "view" of the map. One good thing about everyone having their own machine at the table is that some VTT's (Maptool that I know of) allow EACH player their own view. This means that the first one around a corner in a dungeon is the only one who will "see" the trolls standing there. There is now a forum here if you want to check it out where some people give some advice on making maps for VTT's if your interested.

Joe