Quote Originally Posted by eViLe_eAgLe View Post
I have to say that what you have so far, sounds immensely interesting.
As for what I do with world names, if it was a newly found land, it would be named after the person, or similar to the person who found it, albeit with some language corruption.
As for a name already being made, it would likely be different in every race and culture, do to different ethics, pronunciation and language corruption.
As for a good name, I don't know. Sorry D:
Yea i may try and mix in names from the cultures they are based around. Like Hun type sounding names for the barbarian area, Japanese for the empire. Least its a start. The planet or continent name still eludes me though. For one of my sci fi worlds i used Anos and i fell in love with it. But my girl friend refuses to let me use it for this one lol She think its looks too close to "Anal." I want to find something like that though. Short and sweet and easy to say.

Anyway thanks for the tips. And if you are interested feel free to check out the stories website Tainted Legacy - Tainted Legacy A lot of what is up there, i just posted to this post but there is some excerpts of the stories that will be hitting kindle.