Thread: Torn Island - a first low res draft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Is there a possibility of you bringing it into a vector program and tracing over it? If you have Adobe Illustrator maybe try the live trace feature as a start??

Quote Originally Posted by WoroRelu View Post
    Is there a possibility of you bringing it into a vector program and tracing over it? If you have Adobe Illustrator maybe try the live trace feature as a start??
    No I dont have that but perhaps Inkscape would do?

And further on the topic; which resolution should I aim for in a hires version? If I should ever do a printout it would probably as most be at the size of A3 (297 mm × 420 mm).

I am planning on having quite a detailed map and my computer is relatively competent (i5 2500K, GTX570, SSD and 16GB RAM - I dont know which part that is the bottleneck) but there are probably practical limits.

And also; I did a little frame using Arsheesh guide. I think I messed up somewhere because it is not as pretty as that in the guide However it will do for now; I will practice more on frames later on.

The next step is to add more details to the map and a compass and such; hence the displaced positioning of the island.

Regards
    -wildcode

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TornIslandFrame.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	349.9 KB 
ID:	53849