so. i've kinda changed gears, i happened to test out the spine runtimes for c#, which is a different language than haxe, which is what i was originally attempting (for the cross platform support). With haxe, i was able to draw 5 or so skeletons without a significant framerate drop, and cpu usage of 30%+, usually from 60fps to like, 20 or less... that's not really plausible for creating a game... using C# (MonoGame) I was able to draw 100+ skeletons without a significant drop, not sure of the fps, but the cpu usage seems to stick at around 10%, even if i go up to 200, or even 500... The difference has made me decide to drop haxe for the moment and work with c# instead.

Along with this, I've been playing Unreal World, a finnish survival rpg where you try to stay alive in the wilderness.. picture adventure mode in df, but a bit more organized. it's rekindled my desire to create a world-based rpg, top down 2d.. so i think i might focus on that for a bit. starting with world creation.. which will be a decent challenge.