Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
I don't think I can help much at this point as your stuff seems still very vague, but here's what I think is the most powerful advice:

- don't get confounded with map making and world making - it's two separate things.

A map is THE tool for world making, but it needs to be practical more than beautiful, and world making is not about making that particular map look cool. In fact, if you manage to world-make properly, then you can map-make for ages from a single world...
Thanks, I have most of the world made but its all trapped in my head. I'm focusing on the map so i can visualize better where the cities/towns and Kingdoms are laid out. I'm doing it this way so when I begin writing again, I know more realistically (ish) how long it would take to get from one place to another.

I definitely agree with Piratical before be Beautiful; however, I'm planning to put the map(s) in the books i write, so I do want some bit of aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
If you keep the last version as new basis for your WIP, I suggest to make the oceans a lighter blue to make the lands pop more. The whole thing seems a bit dark right now (although I prefer it compared to the bright colors of the first version).
Great, i wasn't too sure if a lighter blue would contrast it too much, but I'll give it a try.