Thread: Sedivore: WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

thank you both for your responses, and i appreciate the feedback. In truth i agree with Kahli's statement "Who Cares", and during the course of the stroy (both in the pages i will write, and in the RPG setting) it may never come up. And due to Sedivore Being a low metal world, meaning that metal is rarely found close to the surface, then the second Atmosphere may make sense. the extra pressure it would cause may make up for the lack of gravity.

At first then ring was going to be just a bunch of small to large rocks and minerals, mostly crystalline debris (which would account for the lights and different color's the sun's light would cause it to radiate at different times of the year and throughout the day). This light weight debris could float on top of that layer in a sort of continuous storm that carries it around the planet. The tidal effects between the Moon and the Sun would actually maintain the storms constant rotation. and the ring being less dense than it appears to be would allow for the fact that the world isn't being crushed under a humongous weight of gravity.

I do like the idea of migrating bacteria, but it is already cannon for my world, that the ring collapse (at some time in the future) and rains down upon the world, scarring it and causing an Apocalyptic event, which i use this new world as the basis for my post-Apocalypse games. Also during the time the collapse is happening, and the time leading up to it, the inhabitants of Sedivore find a way to flee their doomed world and begin to "invade" Earth. (When i use to run Shadowrun, i used this story arch as the reason for Meta humans instead of the mutated genome. )

I also read somewhere that the earth's core is the reason the planet rotates, so maybe the fact that the Ring is orbiting the planet could be the reason that Sedivore rotates. I have always thought the center of Sedivore was a Hollow shell, where the UnderKind dwelt. albeit extremely far below the crust. and beneath a layer of super dense and heavy crystalline mineral deposits.

Again, i'd like to thank you both, and anyone else who wishes to add any thoughts to this, for your suggestions, feedback, opinions, and any other input. I'm working on a series of maps using Fractal Terrain 3 and if anyone is willing to touch up these maps let me know. I won't be able to offer much other than credit and Kudos... maybe some money,. but not much.. i'd rather share royalties if my books ever sell cause times are tough and budget is tight, but if cash is required we can work something out. I do believe that talent and time are worth something.

Here is my first attempt at a World Atlas, i want to add a huge desert to the area on the upper left continent (where it looks like a bowl/dip between the mountain ranges) This desert is known as Drax, also known as the Sea of Black Sands (the sand is actually Black. it has white and grey specks in it, but is mostly black in color.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sedivore (World Atlas)0001a.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	53847
    Last edited by EpicSpire; 04-23-2013 at 10:07 AM.