Those are nice, Eliathen. There's nothing wrong with abstract mountains - they get the information across and they fit the overall style. Really, while some other styles of mountain symbols may be prettier, there can be such a thing as too much information. For instance if a mountain range is depicted as a single carefully wrinkled, shaded ridge instead of as a network of a hundred spread fingers, its realism is deceptive. Your depiction simply says "here is a whole bunch of mountains", which may be all the info the user needs.

So: well done!

I will note the right one has some implausible rivers. While in a few situations a river can split, they usually only join as they go downhill, and it would be highly unusual to see then emptying into more than one place. Take a look at the Most Excellent tutorial on How To Get Your Rivers In The Right Place for why and how that works. If the society you show is advanced enough (or I suppose if a previous civilization was advanced enough) you could show some bits of those waterways as canals connecting better-behaved rivers.

Do show us more, please - I like these!