Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Climate depends on how close you are to the poles or equator of the planet in question. ie. which area is nearest the planets star. Icey at poles and hotter in equtorial regions. What's in between depends on weather, ocean currents and height of land, but you wont get tundra fields near the equator or hot deserts near the poles. Never thought about a twin sun planet? Could be quite interesting (mainly damn hot though, unless they are far away suns).

A good example of how Ocean currents change climate is Scotland, where i live. It is at same latitude as Newfoundland on East coast of N.America and an extremely cold and snowy place for much of the year. Scotland on the other hand has fairly mild winters and warm(ish) summers due to the Gulf stream. Well it is, unless you are English - they think it is like the Artic here.
That's what I was planning with this landmass. The northeastern portion is particularly cold, but just 500-600 miles south, it turns into a humid continental climate. So, my current plans aren't contradicting real-world patterns, right?