Thread: Geeky Things to do in Vancouver BC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ah, excellent then, a native who actually lives in the area. I think we are going to be there for only 2 or 3 days so clearly we can't do everything. Butchart is the one "Must see" thing since my wife has always wanted to visit it. Depending on what the weather is will determine what day we go to the gardens and how the rest pans out. I'll have to figure out what specifically is worth doing. Truth be told, I'm pretty content to just chill out and take in a few sights.

@GP - I did that Alcan highway with my grandparents when I was still in High School. At that time it was about 80% unpaved and quite an adventure. One of my favorite trips ever though. Thanks for sharing your story, it does sound like it was an interesting time. I think I'd have been stressed out but then maybe for you coming back from the Army it was nice to just be in civilization or even not have people trying to shoot you Sometimes perspective means everything.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Ah, excellent then, a native who actually lives in the area. I think we are going to be there for only 2 or 3 days so clearly we can't do everything. Butchart is the one "Must see" thing since my wife has always wanted to visit it. Depending on what the weather is will determine what day we go to the gardens and how the rest pans out. I'll have to figure out what specifically is worth doing. Truth be told, I'm pretty content to just chill out and take in a few sights.
    Well, if you're a fan of any recent Science Fiction TV shows, there are probably plenty of familiar sites to see IRL. Here There Be Lions - Television Tropes & Idioms