Thread: Atlas Style Mountains in GIMP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PapersAndPaychecks, you're right. One of the characters from Dungeon Master, which I recently rediscovered. I wasted my week off work designing new dungeons for it, and was unable to explain to my family and colleagues, in satisfactory terms, what exactly I was doing. Both sides experienced a sensation of alienation. I think I might be a geek.

I know what you mean about placing mountains with Ascension's/Gidde's method. I tried cutting and pasting, but the result so far has been a bit blehhh. I'll try the Eriond tutorial. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by jturner View Post
    PapersAndPaychecks, you're right. One of the characters from Dungeon Master, which I recently rediscovered. I wasted my week off work designing new dungeons for it, and was unable to explain to my family and colleagues, in satisfactory terms, what exactly I was doing. Both sides experienced a sensation of alienation. I think I might be a geek.
    Careful with that thing. When I was recovering from surgery in 2009, I made a small (cough) RTC dungeon... then I decided I wanted finer control over the monster AI and some special effects that RTC can't do, so I moved on to DSB. Which is similar, but scriptable. You can lose days and days in that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jturner View Post
    I know what you mean about placing mountains with Ascension's/Gidde's method. I tried cutting and pasting, but the result so far has been a bit blehhh. I'll try the Eriond tutorial. Thanks for the tip.
    Yeah, it's good. The magic is in the process of smoothing out the land clouds once you've pasted them----which is really time-consuming. I'm halfway through my effort at that.