Thread: WIP: Shop Interior

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm uploading another render, this one at higher detail and normal lighting (still very noisy in the bathroom, but this would be one of three or so renders that make up the final composite, but that's all technical and boring Blender/GIMP stuff I don't want to contemplate yet).

I'll probably tweak the wall color, but this will come last in terms of doing stuff, since it's rather easy. It's also something that will prove crucial to the ability of these to be cobbled together into a shopping center, so I'd like to have a couple made up before I start experimenting, just to see first hand what greys go well with the interiors of various fashions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	store7.png 
Views:	235 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	53986

I'm hoping to get some more furniture done before the next render (this one took 50 minutes!), so if I don't reply as quickly it's just because I'm putting a counter in the shop, and sinks/toilet paper dispensers/paper towel dispensers/hand dryers in the bathroom, and that requires a lot of mantime instead of just "I want to boil water on my GPU while doing other stuff for a while".

EDIT: I'm also going to make the toilets porcelain white, instead of the dull grey they currently are. That's something that I've sort of goofed on, since I was testing my materials before rendering.

EDIT 2: I've made some more progress, and tweaked the lighting some more. I added a wall sink and toilet paper dispensers.

I'm still not sure why exactly I started with the bathroom first.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	store8.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	53995
    Last edited by Squire Ned; 04-28-2013 at 01:11 AM.