Thread: I need a little advice and resource info

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

I believe that waldornate is referring to a) "purists" - those who seem to always refer to their maps by the type of projection used to show the map , and b) "projection" - the method used to represent a spherical globe on a flat 2d surface (and I DO expect the "purists" to put me in my place by giving a PROPER definition of "projection") of which there are many. My understanding (limited at best) is that ALL projections have distortion to some extent or another, but some are worse that others. To the "non-purist" projection is the LAST thing to concern ourselves with.....

I will now run and hide in my cave before I get overrun by the stampede coming to teach me the error of my ways

BTW, I like the layout of the map, but I am not too sure what some of your mountain sourced rivers are doing.....they seem to be either staying in the mountains or traveling through them....
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

I appreciate you putting yourself in the line of fire in order to shed some light.....

READY....AIM.....

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    I believe that waldornate is referring to a) "purists" - those who seem to always refer to their maps by the type of projection used to show the map , and b) "projection" - the method used to represent a spherical globe on a flat 2d surface (and I DO expect the "purists" to put me in my place by giving a PROPER definition of "projection") of which there are many. My understanding (limited at best) is that ALL projections have distortion to some extent or another, but some are worse that others. To the "non-purist" projection is the LAST thing to concern ourselves with.....

I will now run and hide in my cave before I get overrun by the stampede coming to teach me the error of my ways

BTW, I like the layout of the map, but I am not too sure what some of your mountain sourced rivers are doing.....they seem to be either staying in the mountains or traveling through them....
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein