Thread: E(experiment)IP - Lanstont Swamplands

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Really nice setting. How did you make the landscape? It's a very pleasing style.

I'd love two more versions of it, if you feel so kind.

1) I'd love the region without the fort - So i can throw a dungeon underneath it . I'll take whatever resolution you can give me.

2) I'd love a zoom centered on the fort for characters to walk around in .

Its very pretty.
    Last edited by Sigurd; 06-22-2008 at 11:42 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I think you did an excellent job creating that swamp look and feel...now I gotta step up my game 'cuz I've been thinking about doing this and lo and behold you got the drop on me. Guess that means I'll write a tut as well.

Excellent, keep it up

Well Ascension your tutorial on trees was why I created all the shrubberies.

Sigurd- Should I make the roads abit brighter if your going to use this? do you want the names/text in it as well? And, you want one simply with the fort not there, a flat butte? Or with the whole butte removed as well?

And yea this was made in photoshop with filter-render-clouds (bow down to this filter) and layer styles. Theres also abit of brushing for making the mountains abit more organic, and of course for the shrubberies. I used a texture of concrete I found for the mountains, but you can hardly even see it except for the whiter/ granite-ish part
    Last edited by GlassSphere; 06-22-2008 at 01:14 PM.

Roads are great! Tell me you used CS3, then I can say "well at least I don't have that software " You have a very nice touch with making it look 'organic' and the texture is very pleasing.

Sigurd

I really love this style. I like how your bodies of water still have that flora covered feel to them; as if they have all manner of greenery growing across the surface.

The keep and hills are also excellent. Nice work