Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: {WIP} Nova Carta Ardenis - New Version of the Arden Map

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

I use a 0,2 for outlines, a 0,15 for Smaller outlines or structures or a 0,12 Nanotechnology Liquid Ink Precission Pen. Where for Heavens sake can you buy a 0.10? And is it Inkbase? The Sciense Department of Pilot-G advertise the 0,12 Nano as one of the smallest Inkbase Pens worldwide.... If you know a good 0,10 please let me know.

But the new mountains are digital painted in 1200 DPI to simulate the finest line of a 9 µm Micrometer pen
    Last edited by Schwarzkreuz; 05-14-2013 at 06:46 AM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

i had a feeling they were digitally painted the lines had that feel to them (not in a bad way at all, and very much looking like theyre hand-drawn)

i wasnt under the impression 0.1mm pens were that difficult to get ahold of. a google search should give you quite a few results

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I use 0,1 and 0,05 uni pin from Mitsubishi. Works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    I use 0,1 and 0,05 uni pin from Mitsubishi. Works fine for me.
    I will try those. But non of the stuff you find are metal ball tip pens, with inklow regulations. The Mitsubishi sounds interesting but they have the wrong tip, maybe testing them soon.

EDIT: I am a bit stressed lately, so I am sorry if I seemed a bit aggressive in my posts lately.
    Last edited by Schwarzkreuz; 05-14-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

No worry my friend, seems that no pets and no Max were harmed here lately

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
    i had a feeling they were digitally painted the lines had that feel to them (not in a bad way at all, and very much looking like theyre hand-drawn)
    Its always a pleasure of mine to try different things, over and over again till I canassimilate them. Its the same with my drawing technic, I dont think I will ever stop pushing Brush sets, but actually I like to work with sets rather than draw all by hand from scratch again. Some Guildmembers do wonderfull maps without any repeating forms, but for me, I have decided brushsets works best.

You might look into Copic for a smaller pen. I've heard they're nice. Pigment based inks. They have .1 ... I can't get them around where I am and haven't gotten around to ordering online yet, but there are one or two other mappers on the guild who use them to wonderful effect.

The mountains are beautiful. Your forests are nice too... they just triggered a hilarious day from my past. I didn't mean to be critical. My sense of humor is deplorable and awkward and I usually regret voicing it... sometimes it's half-voiced and that's immeasurably worse. I'm going to be my non-digital self now and keep my mouth shut.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

also, since you (and I) tend to work on very large maps its more sensible to use brush-sets. I might try a new map just to show off the new brushes as a break orm the large map and commissions... seems as though you've got me inspired again

@ Chashio: Dont worry, no offences here, I am just a bit moody at the moment, feeling so much stress, like sitting on a bomb. Most people, who met me in person, think I am a calm person but in truth I am a choleric, who just represses his natur all time

@ Vorro: Cant count the moments, when I was amazed by your works and keep doing. In the way how you devellop your maps and the level of care and historical awareness you consider in your form and material, I am always reminded of the great fascination that made me a cartographer in the first Place. I think i will do a sample map with the new set too. To get it out and see how its working on an real use.

I appreciate booth your opinions, dont restain. This year wasnt the nicest one to be remembered for me in the future. And I still hope the tides will turn to my Luck, but well, we have to see.

Wip

Ok here is another real Update on the Set
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ariadne-Mountain-Set-5.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	54580  

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast