Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: WIP Kingdoms of Kesh - Fantasy map

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Mountains itself were often the bounderies, and they are ressources so Why Not using them on oneside of a kingdom?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

@rdanhenri: well spotted you're right about it. This need to be fixed to be more consistent.
    @aquarits: not sure what you're talking about is a real problem?
    @ I did it between Kolnev and Krosnal but yea I'l maybe change the boundaries of the southern kingdoms to match the idea.
    Last edited by - Max -; 05-14-2013 at 03:14 AM.

next to mountains are rivers also very nice natural borders

Updated with first map finished labels. I fixed the capitalization thing noticed by rdanhenry (except if you guys spot some left mistakes here and there). Time to work on heraldry...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kesh5.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	3.99 MB 
ID:	54582

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

I am always stunned how fast you work

I think those forests should be much more dense.
    Now those trees just look lonely Otherwise, nice map!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

What happened to the E and N on the compass? And the font has weird W's - why did you choose a font with weird W's? Why do some rivers have 'river' labels and others don't? Why 'Snakes mounts' instead of 'Snake mounts'? The top and bottom space around the map is thicker than the sides. I'm just messing with you. It's a thoroughly awesome map.

Your speed is giving me a headache.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

@Eilathen : the map main focus isn't geographic terrains, that's why forests doesn't need to be that dense. Since you saw those are forests, the map fits his goal
    @ Chasio : Thanks for the critics, I'm open to them Seems that some greedy one just stole those N and E. No worry I'll chase him and get them back to the right place I chose this font because it's solid and legible with a nice aged outline. the "weird" W is just another part of this aged look to me so that's fine for what I want to render.
    And don't worry about the space around the map, I'll add some extra cartouches titles on the top and resize the whole thing after that
    @ SK : work will slow down a bit with the heraldry though and with the way to make all that changes on the furthers map! I'm about to think I just really started the map right now...

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    @Eilathen : the map main focus isn't geographic terrains, that's why forests doesn't need to be that dense. Since you saw those are forests, the map fits his goal
    Well, i believe you, Max. I just post my preferences...no matter what the map is supposed to be for or focus on

On a more serious note: I hope that is ok? I always intend to criticize constructively...but there will always be my taste as the basis of this feedback (well duh, right?! ). And i still think, no matter the intent of this map, it would look better with "real forests" not those hapazardly strewn around trees.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

That's fine Eilathen, I like having comments with opinions, critics, personnal tastes, inouts, advices (and I try to do the same). Whatever I do with them (sometimes I feel it's some good ones, sometimes I'm not agree and stick with what I have) it keeps my motivation up on the map. And you're always one of those who try to comment constructively on maps Eilathen. Thanks for that

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast