Thread: Republic of Virginia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Looks good so far.

A glow on the Rivers would be nice, as well as a slight blur effect on the water sheet to eliminate the Harsh fill style there.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Well, did some tweaking and took some of the comments into consideration; I also think I've settled on a mountain style...typically my biggest stumbling block. More comments and suggestions if you please...more work to come.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Skycast

Wild Die - a random die roll of a blog | Savage Septentrionalis - Savage Worlds play-by-post

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I like those mountains a lot. I've been pondering ISO mountains but have never seen anything I really like until now. Good job.

I'm sorry to say I don't think those mountains fit very well with the rest of the map... it feels somewhat out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Smith View Post
    I'm sorry to say I don't think those mountains fit very well with the rest of the map... it feels somewhat out of place.
    I have to say I agree. For one, they blend in a lot with the land color so if I had not seen something to suggest what they were in previous posts, I would not know they are mountains. Second, see my sig for my opinion on another topic concerning ISO mountains...

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Mountains are always the primary thing I struggle with when creating maps...so much so that I often abandon a map because of it. I'm using CC3 and would be open to any suggest on a mountain style that's better suited to the map I'm creating. I'm using stuff from here and there to create my own look and feel so I'm pretty much a blank canvas.
    Skycast

Wild Die - a random die roll of a blog | Savage Septentrionalis - Savage Worlds play-by-post

Here's todays latest incarnation...lightened up the background a bit and used the "outline" on the symbols to sharpen them a bit. Still need to tweak the background color I think, but it's closer. Next step will be to add in the roads, text and finish off the vegetation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Skycast