Alright, while I struggle to fill up to the coloring task, I might as well get ahead of myself.

A few months ago I scanned in one of my favorite maps that I did (and a few others). However, I was very dissapointed to find that I couldn't add them as attachments and post them here. The Manage Attachments window wasn't being very nice, so I abandoned my hope of putting them here. However, I later realized I had set my printer to scan those maps in at a higher quality, and they were much bigger in size. I dug them once more out of my map folder today and scanned them in on normal quality. I'm fairly certain they'll work now (unless the Manage Attachments window REALLY doesn't like me).

My point being, I have a bunch of maps I want to post, and I had a good idea. Along with being a map enthusiast (I wouldn't call myself a cartographer... yet), I am into writing, and a friend had suggested I write a story to go along with some of the maps I do. I discarded the thought at first, but now I have the opportunity. Starting this weekend, I'll begin a 10-day journey. The idea is to present a map a day, along with a few pages of story.

Remember I didn't make these maps with the intention of fitting them together. As a result, there will be a good vareity of maps and each day should be a surprise. The first day will be based off of this map (The Bleak Castle). I have a cool idea for the story, and I'd like to try it out.

As a Teaser for the story:

"It is the 457th year of the Empire's exsistance, and a great evil is awaking. Satan, in human form once more, restrengthens himself in a remote keep in the South. Under the name of Aeron, Satan seeks to control the world with an army of undying warriors. Venturing across the continents, Satan will stop at nothing to exert his dominance over the lands and the mortals that inhabit them."

It sounds a little funny ( ) but I think the map aspect is what I can really focus on.

DAY 1 is Saturday... hope to see you there!

-fm