Thanks very much for the detailed post, HW.

As for a bit of backstory (That will be covered in the novels as they progress), This is one of four monasteries set after the formation of the Roheline Empire's founding for the preservation of of knowledge concerning the prime God, Jumal Üks. It also is used to train the God's clergy, either the monks who have many various skills or the wizards who can also channel mana and perform divine magic. The skills learned by the monks include: Healing, History and lore, Weapons training, Farming and animal husbandry, Cloth making, Mechanical Training, General Education, Mathematics, Art, and Metallurgy.

So far included in the monastery are four basic heirarchial levels: Acolytes (Training to be monks), General Laborors (skilled and unskilled tradesmen, Monks (the main body of the clergy), and Wizards (Could be said to have been blessed by Jumal Üks and can channel his powers).

The reason the monks are given such a wide range of education is because many of them leave the monastery to spread the word.

I have not considered the issue of relics, either magical or spiritual, and honestly, I don't think I will include them in the canon. As for a nearby village. I can only assume there will be villages in the valley below the mountain, but, from the view of an acolyte (the main character in the novel), the monastery is almost completely isolated.

Also, HW. I didn't consider burial sites... Gotta think about that one.

Anyway, here is a map of what I have so far.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Monastery With Discriptions.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	330.1 KB 
ID:	54491