Thread: First Region Map - HELP!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hmm, if you want a more hand drawn looking map (old style), this is a good small tip on how to make a swamp (which I particulary like a lot), also, on this same post (Assorted tips and tricks, by torstan) you can find lots of small tuts to improve your maps.

Yet, something I would say is that you have some river issues, and reading this post could be good for you to know exactly how to place the rivers, and how they usually run down to the sea (they usually don't split like it is happining on some places in your map, for example).

PS: I like your desert

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

I appreciate the links. I've looked through them (and read most of it just now). It seems to me the main reason I'm not loving the swamps is that they lack the feel of water overall. A color and texture change (along with smaller waterways) might help with that. The rivers were not planned out on the map at all, but I'll be sure to plan them better for the next version. Really, the tips on plotting out rivers makes me want to smack myself in the face, but I didn't consider anything but the higher-elevation-to-lower-elevation concept when I drew them. Also, I live on the coast so I suppose I took for granted the way rivers fork and turn without considering/implementing why they do so.

Many thanks for the tips and liking the desert. ^_^

Any tips on the volcanoes and (what's supposed to be) the coral reef? Both of those had me so frustrated I nearly gave up on the whole map.