If your planet receives less energy from its star, that would cool everything down, including the tropics. This could result from being further out from the star, or from a dimmer star. The polar regions would also be much colder than ours.

Increasing the axial tilt would reduce the amount the climate varies with latitude, on average, but would increase the variation with season (Hot/Cold or Wet/Dry). So there would be less difference between the tropics and the mid latitudes, but more difference between summer and winter. I think it's also supposed to increase the overall energy of the weather so bigger, nastier, more frequent storms.

I think the equator is stuck being a convergent zone whatever you do, so it's going to be rainy, and the seasonal variation is going to be more a matter of the amount of rain than the temperature: the equinoxes will be the rainy seasons, while the solstices will be dry. At the edges of the tropics, the summer solstice is dry and the winter solstice is rainy. If you go for the overall cooling, I think that would tend to reduce the amount of rain though.

Climatology isn't one of my strong points though so that's a pretty crude model.