Thread: Equator Line - Does it have to define my world climate?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If it isn't just easier to move that portion of the map north or south you could consider justifying it by claiming ocean currents may keep things cool. Some ocean currents keep Britain warmer than the latitude would justify and the reverse could be true for your region possibly. As well you could just have the whole planet be cooler than perhaps Earth is meaning you either have larger ice caps or a cooler overall temperature with less variation.

Hi All,

Thank you very much for all your suggestions. I have read through them all a few times and have decided that my planet should be a little cooler than Earth in general, so Temperate at the equator with warm winds and ocean currents allowing for areas (at least south of the equator) to be warmer than is traditional. And AtomGuy, your suggestion is very poignant because my world does have a Sky Realm where massive winged creatures feed of the energy given off by the sun. Never thought about using it to shift the climate a few degrees. If anyone sees a problem with this please SHOUT !!!

Thank you all once again.

Dal