Quote Originally Posted by A. Smith View Post
Hey guys, first post here! Awesome thing you've got going here, really. My past map-making endeavors were mostly ripping off maps I found on the web and editing names and minor details for my DnD games... and the yesterday, I found RobA's tutorial on artistic regional maps. Here's what it gave me. I hope you guys like it.

By the way, many, many thanks to RobA. Couldn't have done it without that tutorial, and in any case, doing this has made me much better with Gimp then how I ever was with photoshop, which I used before. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, another thing: could this map be used anywhere for the CWBP?
Welcome to the guild A. Smith! That's pretty nice for your first attempt, and we ALL thank RobA for all the time he has taken to product tutorial after tutorial after tutorial....etc Be sure to give him (and other people if you find stuff you like) rep for it. RobA is one of the result GIMP gods here... Also, you may want to look around as a few people (including Rob himself) have done some various tweaks on the techniques used and come up with some even better techniques.

And finally, post more maps soon. Post early post, often is the motto around here. Oh yea, the other motto is post bigger, higher res images.

btw, I really like your legends. very simple, yet effective. Nice font, what is that?

Joe