Thread: On hadron colliders, dark matter and black holes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Anyone read Angels and Demons? I'll support any conspiracy theory that says CERN should have a space plane. That would be cool.

(yes - they have antimatter, no - they could never use it to blow up the Vatican)

@Neon -The Mist? How did you hear about that. That's strictly..... definitely not something I've heard about....

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Well, at least Skynet would run linux (yep - Grid runs linux).

Incidentally there's another collider reference - last terminator had one I think....

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    @Neon -The Mist? How did you hear about that. That's strictly..... definitely not something I've heard about....
    When you started talking other dimensions.

OK, I know of the standard 4: length, height, width and time (basicially the previous 3, as in I am the same entity as I was last year but I appear different in the most basic of laymans' terms.)

The 5th dimension and upwards have been theorized as other realities that over lay our own but we just are not in sync with them. This of course then gets into the whole paranormal aspect of that is where the monsters and ghosts and UFOs and what not comefrom.

******WARNING SPOILER INFO BELOW******

In the Steven King novella/and movie The Mist a Military installation was able to open a portal to another dimension and of course that was were all the baddies came from. So, when you mentioned the collider could be used to study the existence of other dimensions beyound the 4 known....
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Not having read Mist (or seen the resulting film), I just assumed Torstan was going to give us a map of the array so that others might be able to game out a scenario in which the unpredicted results of these experiments causes tiny tears into extradimensional space, allowing the unspeakable horrors that live beyond our consciousness to slowly leak into our world, which is slowly torn assunder by the unknowable forces at their disposal until, eventually, the entire planet is a ravaged, desiccated husk wherein all of humanity has been consumed by the otherwordly things except those scientists and sundry others still holed up at the CERN facility which, ironically, is the only surviving bastion of life and civilization.

Those last few survivors would be fighting for their lives, struggling to find a way to reverse the flow of extradimensional energy and parasitic intelligence.

I have not played Call of Cthulhu, but it might be best for this game.

I had hoped to include this all in one (maddening) sentence, but, alas, I failed.