Thread: Hail to all

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web.

One of the things you need to realize about the Guild is that we are great at helping people improve their mapping skills.....but we need to see what you are working on. If you post your map in the WIPs, you will find that we are a friendly bunch and you will receive all kinds of C&C.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    Welcome to the Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web.

One of the things you need to realize about the Guild is that we are great at helping people improve their mapping skills.....but we need to see what you are working on. If you post your map in the WIPs, you will find that we are a friendly bunch and you will receive all kinds of C&C.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    Once I finish my current layer, and explore copyrights a little bit more, I will upload anything required. I am a little bit funny and paranoid about the concept of uploading something, then someone else "owning" it.

To give the basic gist...

I have a Pangaea style northern continent, with a massive zone of mountains in the center. In the center of the mountains is a mushroom jungle. Much of the world because of this is coastal, and most of the regions are separated by natural pinch points and mountains. In the "Center" of the map (south of this continent) is a massive tempest storm. South of that is another continent, with an island chain east. Nothing too complex.

My main problems right now are:

Figuring out how to create a sense of elevation.
    Correcting "bad" rivers and lakes.

My maps were almost ready to be uploaded until I realized from the norms around here that I would deserve nothing short of trolling and mockery. Then I became paranoid about "who actually owns it" versus "who actually owns it once uploaded to a website somewhere". Once I navigate through that much, I will be able to post my maps, ask for feedback and begin using this map to perfect my skills. I wouldn't be as "funny" about ownership if I didn't already have about 4 years of games under this world and the desire to keep my options of publication and "further use" in my front pocket.

I learned a lot before even posting, and once I began looking at the tutorials and some of the maps posted, I realized how crappy my own colored pencil maps really are.