Thread: First Continent Map - WIP - Advice Welcome!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Wow, that looks really fantastic. My only nitpick is that the yellowish glow around the cartouche (which is beautiful by the way) is the same color as the landmasses, and it makes it seem like there's a cartouch-shaped continent hidden under there. Oh, and maybe lower the opacity a bit on the hashing around the coasts.

As far as naming, I'm not sure what the actual size of the map is (is this the actual size?), but that's going to play a big part in how much stuff you label. If this is a continent (even a smallish one, like Australia) I'd think you'd want to label at least major regions within each country, mountain ranges, islands and oceans.

Overall GREAT work. Have some rep!

Guild Novice

Diamond,

Thanks for the input and the praise! The continent is roughly the size of Australia, if not a "teensie" bit bigger. So yeah, the regions (kingdoms) mountain ranges and oceans are a good start. The output of the map in it's largest format is 26in x 14in at 300dpi, but I think the generally speaking it will be a little over double the size I attached.

So I'll get chugging with adding those major items and see what space I have left over.

Thanks again for putting it in perspective (I didn't even think to compare it to Australia and then look at a map about that size.)

Case