Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
Your are right on both accounts Mid, I'll have to redo those big palm shadows, never even noticed it, don't know how they got like that. The tents have a drop shadow as well as a full black layer that was motion blurred to create the angular shadow. I don't like the way PS does it's shadows so I'm trying to figure out a work around short of doing full elevations for each building (sideview of the building) or doing them all in Sketch-Up. Combining the 2 different types of shadows has always sort of filled in the missing gap but I went lighter with the shadowing this time. Drop shadows alone make the objects look like they're floating (which I heard about in my first city map) and the motion blur blurs forwards AND backwards so I'm really stuck. Shadows are my kryptonite. As I type this I think I just figured it out, or at least a new method to test drive. I'll re-up the new map soon with the fixes and the new shadows.
hmmm just thinking off the top of my head, and I am sure someone has probably tried this (and said it's a bad idea), but what if you put a slight outer glow and then a standard drop shadow? I wonder if that would still make it seem to float or if the very slight shadow on the other sides would "ground" it or not....

Joe