I'm J.D., I'm also new here. Been futzing some with Campaign Cartographer 3 getting some work done on a fourth edition campaign.

I've always been fascinated by old maps, so I'm enjoying building maps for the game (that said, I'm up to two maps total so far...).

I'm also enjoying working through some of the quirks of using CC3. So far, most of them appear to be self-inflicted since I'm running it through Parallels on a Mac instead of on the Windows box they expected me to.

I'd posted Old Man Danvers' farm in the "Town" section down below already. It's not an encounter I actually expect to need a map for, which means it's an excellent place to practice and hone my skills. (though as any DM knows, no plan ever survives contact with the PCs)

I've also done an overland map of the continent that'll go up for comments when I get back to it and improve it some. I'd originally tried to do the land layout with fractal terrains-- but while I can get some pretty nice looking stuff out of it, I never managed to get anything that looked to me much like a fantasy map.