Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
Welcome to the guild Dezee! Definitely interested in seeing more of your work, so start posting up some maps. Most people here at least use some sort of software to manipulate their had drawn maps, so if you have anything you use regularly, it would be nice to know. Also, be sure to check out the tutorial section. There are many tutorials that go over specific types of maps using certain software packages to get you started.

Is there any specific place in cartography you would like to start such as world/regional maps, city/town maps, star ship deck plans, modern buildings etc? Knowing this and the software you have available will help us point you in the right direction.

Joe
thank you for the welcoming!

for the type of programs i use, they are in the Adobe Suite [Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, etc.], which i use for most of my design work, and with that, i use a Wacom Intuos III tablet to draw in those programs. most of the things that i want to learn are the World/Regional & City/Town maps, because i'd like to use those for my comic's site.

i don't have any programs to generate maps [i feel those are cheap - i'd like to make them myself, customly.]

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes
Hi Dezee, tried to look at your web comic but had trouble finding some links to pages. Is it up or soon to be revealed ? Maybe I was a klutz and overlooked some obvious link.

Theres a lot of us here who have interests in virtual table top mapping so any character figures drawn from above to put on a map would be great. If your doing a character (side on) then an extra top down view for playing him/her would be just wicked.

Welcome btw.
hi there!

the answer to your question about the comic is that i haven't started yet. xD you haven't looked over anything - i plan on releasing the comic soon enough, but not before i finish the scripts and information.

and i can do top-views of characters. some might be for free, but i'm always open for commission things if you have a personal project that you'd like those for. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana
OMG!!!1111 one one a girl on the interwebz!!!111 #@$!! 11 one

just kidding...you're not the first we've had here, and aside from my outburst, we don't treat women like enigmas here. Welcome aboard! I look forward to having some time to go fave some of your stuff over at DA.
haha, it wouldn't be the first time that i have gotten that reaction. xD [i'm also glad that you don't treat women that way. then i'd have to hurt some people...i'm joking, but not btw. ] but thank you though!<3

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight
Welcome aboard
thank you!<3
Quote Originally Posted by Steel General
Welcome aboard Dezee!!
thank you very much!<3