Thread: game based on Schwarzkreuz and Ramah map elements...

Default game based on Schwarzkreuz and Ramah map elements...

Hi all,

Apologies, guys, I think I posted that announcement in the wrong area before (in the finished map section)...
    Five months ago, I had the idea of doing a hybrid tower defense/rpg game with 'tolkien maps' esthetics. Discovering the cartographers guild website, I saw amazing work out there and I decided to make that idea a reality by using map brushes from Schwarzkreuz and Ramah to edit levels. The game is now put on steam, where it waits to have a sufficient number of steam users to vote for it so that it can be published (see link at Steam Greenlight :: Defender Story: Episode 1).
    In its present state, the game works on windows, mac, linux and android. I am presently polishing the html5 version and I will probably make an Ipad/Iphone version if I can afford the apple developer license later...
    I will make the game available for download in a couple of weeks on a website, on google play, and on the chrome web browser shop.
    Ok. I put some links to the videos + pictures...

Attachment 55291
    Attachment 55292Attachment 55293Attachment 55294Attachment 55295Attachment 55296Attachment 55297
    So, here is the plan, if you people are willing to consider it
    I feel a bit bad that the present esthetics are not as good as they could be, but I had limited funds. If enough people vote for the game on steam, and I can get a little bit of money from it, I will be able to make a sequel. In that case, I will organize a 'map' competition for 25 maps where each map will represent a game level where each selected map author will receive a commission.
    So guys, thanks for your amazing work ! You are truly a source of inspiration.

And if you were remotely interested, vote for me on steam greenlight... If it works, there shall be some epic maps in the making

Cheers!
    Mehdi

PS
    (Just for those who wonder, I paid license fees to Schwarzkreuz and also I regret that I was too broke afterward to pay Ramah, he had declared his symbols free - they both figure nicely in the credits list)
    Last edited by gentr1; 06-12-2013 at 05:48 PM.

If you haven't already done so, you're going to need to negotiate with Schwarzkreuz for commercial use of his symbols, as his license permits only noncommercial use. You're free and clear on Ramah's, since he declared his symbols are free for any use whatsoever.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Yep, sounds like a step was missing in your game building process...

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

No Problem, Mehdi payed me the Licensefee for commercial use of my Sets.

Good to hear! I'll try to remember to log in to Steam tonight and give it a vote.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

I am happy for all support, if its getting votes and Be publish i might get the chance to illustrate the next Game in the line.