Thread: The foundations of a new world

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oh no I agree, I do kind of feel like its missing that large shape. But its all about perspective, I think. Without a sense of scale, the continents could be any size. They could be larger than Eurasia for all we know, but in relation to each other, since there are 2 similarly sized continents, it doesn't feel as big. Im starting to realize that Im probably going to have to start from scratch again with newly learned things in mind, I just want to get as much feedback and criticism on this current one so I can keep that in mind when reshaping or building new continent shapes. I may have to make one of the main continents a bit beefier than the other, so it doesn't have that feeling that nothing is that big.

EDIT: I also want to see if I can find shapes that are able to fit inside rectangles, and yet still seem organic and keep from feeling like those borders are there when looking at the world as a whole. I hope that makes sense what Im trying to say there.

Edit 2: Alright, Ive modified it a bit more, adding a bit more land to the south, and trying to make the world look less symmetrical and more natural, tell me what you guys think.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	worldcontinents3.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	169.7 KB 
ID:	55381
    Last edited by AlexSchacher; 06-15-2013 at 03:13 AM.