Thread: The World of Avon Arret

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Do to lack of a scanner of any type hand drawn maps are kinda pointless for me to make they always turn into just giant single islands rather then world maps as well.
    splitting up the pieces would have been a good idea after the last post I did go in and change things around, completely getting rid of a recognizable Italy/Florida and such which were the only ones I could easily see myself, I'm not going to post the changes up on here yet, at least not until i get some mountains and stuff placed in.
    Personally I like a little bit more realism to my maps but tectonics is still kinda beyond my comprehension with all the time scales involved not to mention directions of movement converging/diverging and transform boundaries plus the speeds at which they are moving and all that(I don't actually get so deep into the technical side of it that I'm writing different rates of movement and such, i just say Plate A is moving faster or slower in relation to plate B)

By interior lakes I was more talking about the north-western/middle area of Canada with all those lakes(which is in this map the southern continent) or the rift valley lakes in Africa i guess just calling them lakes would have made more sense.
    Anyways thank you input is always useful.

http://puu.sh/3oZjb.jpg

Here is a now updated version of the map taking the advice of up to three different people I've changed the water and the deserts(which were a pain in the butt to do in the first place). the rivers might be difficult to see when zoomed out but they are there(im sure there is probably a better way to do rivers then using a bevel/emboss on them but I was going a bit crazy at the time of putting the rivers down)
    Unless there are some very good constructive criticism that make me re-think color schemes or how I did the different features of land then I think the actual geography/geology of this map is done, now all I need to do is draw out borders for fantasy countries name said countries give them a back story and history (I probably won't). I'll see you fellwo guild members when i next decide to do a map.