Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WIP The savage lands of Oraven

Max I have to give you credit for your cheery naming themes with this map - at least in the south. I imagine few venture there for vacations. :p The map looks fantastic by the way!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

This has to be the best map I've seen from you, Max! And all your maps are awesome, so, yeah The mountains and forests are absolutely brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Ask and you shall receive
    Yay! Thanks, Max

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Also since I'm pretty satisfied with this experiment, I might expand the map to make a larger one at the end. Thinking about it
    Sounds good to me!
    Cool stuff, feels like christmas

Congrats on this very effective and beautiful style.
    Maybe experiment with some different mountains (don't touch the forests...they're pefect...no, really!). Not that these mountains are bad, mind you...it's just that you have so many different mountains already (and maybe more are on the way?! ) and who knows, some of them might fit the rest of this new style even better (for example, eventough i like them, i think the mountains do not form ranges very naturally...if that makes sense).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Blog Entries

Looks great, Max.

Unlike Eilathen I don't think you should touch the mountains at all. I think they fit the style perfectly.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thanks much guys I get what you mean about mountains Eilathen, I could add more connecting mountains in the ranges but I didn't want to overcrow the ranges which would make the labels harder to read, especially on colors so ye I think I'll stick to what I have now

I truly have to say that this map shows how limited my own skills are.
    It's really beautiful, can't say what to mention first?
    The nicely fitting colours with their smooth gradient where they change to another colour, the easily readable labels, the astonishing texture of the forests or ...
    I simply love it.

Yet still I would love this work even more fiercely if you would add roads between the cities in the shape of a broken line.

Thanks much Eld, glad you like it I decided to do not add roads since I wanted to keep the place rather wild and not that much civilized and explorated, with only small towns here and there (at the first I wanted to label only a few areas, the others left unexplorated and obviously with no names given). I might change my mind when expanding the map...or not

Guild Novice

It's a shame there's only a like button, because this is looking so great there should be a love button. It looks amazing! The colours, the coastline, the forest, the mountains, and the Bulwark! It all fits so well together. Great job!

Regards,
    Melvin

Quote Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
    It's a shame there's only a like button, because this is looking so great there should be a love button. It looks amazing! The colours, the coastline, the forest, the mountains, and the Bulwark! It all fits so well together. Great job!

Regards,
    Melvin
    Well, you could always "rep" -Max- or give the thread a 5 star rating... just a couple more options for you.

Thanks much Melvin, glad you like it

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast