Thread: Inn on the cliff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Thanks. Actually the snow is proving to be a pain because light colours don't yield so well to dodge and burn. Here's the current iteration:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WolfAttack5.jpg 
Views:	608 
Size:	610.4 KB 
ID:	4784

I've got a few floating rock issues and the cliffs need quite a lot of work. A task for tomorrow now. This is proving to be harder work that I thought - but that's what I get for messing with this style. Learning some useful things though. I'll be very grateful for any C&C on this.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I thout it was ice at first....

but here's a thought.... did the wall jsut fall down on top of the snow .. I mean in a blanket of snow... most would be white capped with perhaps the lower side not facing directly up would show dark...... and the walls would have a cap of snow.... perhaps... unless its a light blanket ... because stone retains heat and would perhaps melt it but with that really nice blanket you got.... top down .... alot of it would have snow on top ... even the branches on the tree would have snow directly on top of its larger branchces

But hey .... what's the point of all that... right? just get ya a big blank white canvas and tell yer players they're in a field of snow in a snowstorm lol... so working with snow seems to have a naturally defeating effect on a map....

But I think what you got is great... but that's my C&C for which you requested