Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: June/July 2013 Lite Entry - The Unangan Empire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Thanks, Freehand and WillP! I removed the word-breaking, I actually wasn't aware of the possibility but it does make it much more readable. Also put a yellow layer set to multiply and very low opacity over everything, it's hardly noticeable but I think it added something.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UnanganEmpire10.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	4.51 MB 
ID:	56041

Freehand, about the boringness of the clouds and mountains: more detail would make them even more distracting. I made them very simple and stylized so they would function as a frame and not an illustration, but apparently it was to much even for that to most people! I guess it's good that the deadline is in a few hours; if it was longer, I wouldn't know what to do, but now I don't have time to do anything major so I'll just leave it the way it is (which is also the way I want it…)

No problem. It's a good map. I like it.

I haven't time for a full read-through, but I did spot an "it's" for "its" error in the 1541 section.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Thanks Diamond and Freehand, that's very nice to hear! And good find, Rdanhenry!

Here's probably the last tweak, I'll be going to bed now and I think the threads will be locked when I wake up. I fixed the "it's" error, made a couple of other adjustments in the timeline (mostly in the last entry), made the edge of the mountains and city a little fuzzier to blend together with the rest a bit more naturally, and added 2% of opacity to the yellow filter.

### Winner ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UnanganEmpire11.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	4.52 MB 
ID:	56046
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-26-2018 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Added winner tag

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234