Thread: June/July 2013 Lite Entry - The Unangan Empire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Thank you, Leen! I don't think I'll push the highlights on the mountains any further as I want the cities, roads, borders etc. to be in focus in this map, and I think it could be distracting if the mountains stand out more than they do.

I'm probably done with the foundation for the map now; I've painted the sea, pieced together the scanned segments more carefully, added a new graticule (G.Projector-generated, not my sloppy handdrawn!), decreased the contrast and saturation in the whole map, and toned down Russia and Canada. The sea was the only of those things I did by hand actually. I'm going more and more digital

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UnanganEmpire4.jpg 
Views:	628 
Size:	4.49 MB 
ID:	55759

I'm thinking of placing a cartouche with a legend in the middle of the Bering Sea, a timeline below the map, heraldry of the Unangan provinces above it, a title above that, and a border around everything. About two weeks left now, right? No problem…

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    I'm thinking of placing a cartouche with a legend in the middle of the Bering Sea, a timeline below the map, heraldry of the Unangan provinces above it, a title above that, and a border around everything. About two weeks left now, right? No problem…
    Like I said, you don't think small...

Looking completely fantastic so far.