Thread: Just joined and am saying hi!

Wip Just joined and am saying hi!

So, hi to everyone. I'm a newbie to cartography. I'm from the Chicagoland area. I'm an as-yet-unpublished-novelist (but there's always hope) I found this site because I was looking for some software to help me create a town layout for my newest project. (Anyone ever heard of World Builders Disease (G)). At any rate. I'm a programmer during the day, also an amateur geneaologist. So, that's about it for now. Looking forward to exploring this site and learning lots of things about map making!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild daigh, there are plenty of resources here to help you learn all you want about mapping. You should take a gander over here for a list of programs that people have found useful for mapping from time to time. You can also look through the Finished Maps and WIP (Work In Progress) forums to get an idea of what people are capable of doing, and use that to aid in your program choice. You could also check out the tutorial forum for for guidance on HOW to use some of those programs. Like I said, all kinds of info available...
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Welcome to the Guild daigh1591! Looking forward to seeing you around.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh