Thread: WIP: World of Aethiir

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm working in RGB.

Backstory: An enormous head crash landed in the sea. Islands it floats near find themselves with an abundance of undead. Some members of the population also obtain mutations ranging from elongated tongues, to inverted knees like a horse, to ebony claws. There is a group called the Pureheart Trust hunting down these mutated folk.

The Rainbow Isles, also known as the Isles of Misfits, are home to a group attempting to preserve the lives of these unfortunate individuals. The rainbow is an enormous prismatic wall (for those unfamiliar with D&D, if you pass through the wall there's a chance you will take massive damage, turn to stone, etc.).

Major islands have had their label size increased. Natural world labels (Garlaush Sea, etc.) have been changed to small capitals (IE: Text is same size, but no lower case letters). Trakorien is a BEAUTIFUL map, 'tis true. It's also for a fully fleshed-out published world... my homebrew campaign doesn't have all the details worked out yet haha. I have the really major locations figured out, but I'm not sure yet which smaller islands will play prominent roles; those labels are going to all remain the same size. Still adding the ports for large islands though.

100 mile squares for the grid is as large as I think I want to go. 200 and larger look awkward to me, but I agree 50 was too small of an increment.

EDIT: 2nd draft added to first post.
    Last edited by miinstrel; 06-27-2013 at 11:28 PM.