Ascension & Ravells-

Thanks! Actually, the land mass started out with much *more* vibrant colors... I kept looking at it, saying "something's just /not working/..."

Then I added a desaturation layer over all of the land (land base, marsh texture and cloud texture) and finally said, "....aaaaaahhhh."

As for the "mountains"- Not so much mountains as rock outcroppings - with the marshland on the coast, theres probably not a lot of elevation in the immediate surroundings, but there might be a few areas of rocky hills, helping to divide (retain?) the water table. I don't think any of the "hills" are more than 50-100 feet tall... All very low... At least, those were my initial impulses

So, for example - look at the outcropping just NW of "The Stench" - it fades up from the surrounding grassland as it proceeds NW, implying (to me) a gentle rise from grass and dirt to rocky hillside. Then, yes, it stops abruptly at the river, which (again, to me) implies a very small cliff or bluff overlooking the waterway.

Does that make sense, or do you have any ideas on how to make that more apparent?

PD