Thread: WIP: Round Temple Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

This looks like it could turn into a very cool temple map. I might suggest changing the fill of your walls to differentiate them from the stone floors. Even adding a shadow around them to suggest height might be enough. Also I'm not sure about the wood floors. Depending on the construction technology you could just use straight planks, rather than trying to fit them to the circle, or you could actually warp the texture. Depending on what software you're using this could be easy or hard. You can have a look here at my limited success curving plank floor textures. If you're interested in trying something like that I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about it.

cheers
    Meshon

Quote Originally Posted by Meshon View Post
    This looks like it could turn into a very cool temple map. I might suggest changing the fill of your walls to differentiate them from the stone floors. Even adding a shadow around them to suggest height might be enough. Also I'm not sure about the wood floors. Depending on the construction technology you could just use straight planks, rather than trying to fit them to the circle, or you could actually warp the texture. Depending on what software you're using this could be easy or hard. You can have a look here at my limited success curving plank floor textures. If you're interested in trying something like that I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about it.

cheers
    Meshon
    Thanks for the tip on the walls. I figure that I'll add in shading for the walls to show depth (or height). Logic would suggest that the floor on the ground level would be stone or tile or something easy or sturdy. When I posted the first image I thought to myself that the whole thing looks like a center-boss shield. lol.

I'll be posting an updated version here in a bit.

Btw: Love the theater work Meshon!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	round-temple-02-sm.png 
Views:	1359 
Size:	503.5 KB 
ID:	55826

Ok - wall color was changed to provide more contrast from the floor tiles. Shadows were added to give the walls some height and doors are being added all over the place. The sand pit in the center still needs something but I'm not sure what. Maybe a fountain or something.

I have to add all of the doors for the individual rooms plus things like fireplaces, etc.

Still a work in progress but I think it's coming along nicely.

-GP

Name:	round-temple-03-sm.png 
Views:	266 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	55838

Here's the improved version of the round temple with the shadings, windows, doors, fireplaces and the like.

Name:	round-temple-03-part.png 
Views:	358 
Size:	576.6 KB 
ID:	55839
    And here's a closeup of the fireplace, internal and external windows and doors.

Now...i'm not sure what I can add for detail. I think I need to work on the sand pit in the center a little.