Thread: Earth Map Template (Paid)

Default Earth Map Template (Paid)

Greeting fellow campaign cartographers. I am working on a Legion of the Super-Heroes roleplaying game and am need of a map of Earth which shows the outline of the continents, including the north and south poles, major island chains. I plan to fill in the terrain areas myself, such as the mountains, deserts, plains and so forth.

I would be happy to pay someone for their efforts to do this, please just quote how much and how long you feel it would take to create.

Sincerely;

Gary Van Binsbergen

Guild Apprentice

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Yup I think you can easily find it without wasting your money

Guild Novice

Hi Gary
    I would like to have a go at this project. In my mind I am thinking about several "globe-shaped" views looking at Earth from various angles - e.g. from directly above the two poles , at 4 points along the equator etc. But you may want flat-rectangular maps?

Doing the map(s) in outline (main continental landmasses, bigger islands e.g. Madagarscar, Newzealand etc ) should not be too difficult. Smaller islands my just have to done as dots in appropriate places.

Yes, the map(s) would be in outline only - no relief, contours or political boundaries. I would do them in GIMP and provide the finished maps as Paths.

How long? Looking at the Earth from one viewpoint (e.g. directly above the north pole showing outlines of visible landmasses and bigger islands) the outline map may take 3 to 6 hours at the speed I tend to work. If given free hand I would do 6 to 8 views of the globe. As a busy family man, I am able to spare about an afternoon a week for this hobby. 6 to 8 afternoons...6 to 8 weeks.

How much? Gary, I haven't got a clue. I would rely on you making an offer I can't refuse! Greed does not motivate me. Cartographic challenge does. Honour and trust are values I hold dear.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mssandhu View Post
    Hi Gary
    How much? Gary, I haven't got a clue. I would rely on you making an offer I can't refuse! Greed does not motivate me. Cartographic challenge does. Honour and trust are values I hold dear.
    Don't want to be rude but really Gary shouldn't have to pay for having earth map outlines. A search on the web will easily gives it what he needs.