Thread: A Map of Zanthura

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by LampitosGames View Post
    Hi guys, this is my first map ever, so pointers are super welcome . I've just finished the rivers and the land. I'm going for a paper-looking style, and I think it is very good so far. I would like to know what I could do for mountains. I want to go with a tolkien-style mountain, but maybe a little more realistic? I don't know, but any tutorials you can point me towards would be fantastic. In my quick 30 minute search I could not find anything. So here it is, I'll update when I have more progress

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zanthura.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	55841
    Hi there!

I'm new here. Could you please tell me what program you used to create this map? I'm looking for a program I could use to create a similar style map.

In regard to your Tolkien-esque mountains, would it be possible to create a brush like in Photoshop?

As I said, I'm new to all of this, so I'm trying to figure out the best techniques to do things.

Great map!

@ katiedidit120
    I'm using photoshop

Also, this is kind of another update. I've been traveling/doing other stuff and haven't really had any time to work on my map. As of now, I started with a mountain style, and really do not like it. I will most likely scrap it, and hand draw my mountains, lol. For creating brushes, I've tried playing around with the settings, and I really do not like how the mountains I've drawn overlap. It looks very weird, any ideas on how to fix that?