Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Award Winning Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    I like the 5 ratings requirement as that shows that at least 5 people were willing to rate it thus it deserves a rating.
    hmmm, setting it to 5 helps to filter out people who rate their own work 5 stars. Of course, I have no idea of the software can prevent someone from rating the same thread twice in which case 1, 5, 500, it does not matter....

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    hmmm, setting it to 5 helps to filter out people who rate their own work 5 stars. Of course, I have no idea of the software can prevent someone from rating the same thread twice in which case 1, 5, 500, it does not matter....

Joe
    EDIT: You can only rerate a thread I just found out. You can't give it more than one rating.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    EDIT: You can only rerate a thread I just found out. You can't give it more than one rating.

Cool.... would make for some rather fun nights for a schizo though. "I give you a 5! No, now you deserve a 0, hah ha! Umm Now you are just plain average with a 3..."

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Set it back to 5...because I agree that its good enough to weed out the tard-raters

Also I can disable the ability to change a rating once you've rated...if necessary.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Always happy to break the system so we can implement such useful techniques ... I like being the guy that breaks or otherwise seriously unhinges some loophole or rule... not to get away with anything but to show that it can be done and it needs to be addressed...

not exactly what I did here I know ... but I just thought I go off onto a tangent for your entertainment and otherwise take up valuable time that you could have spent doing something constructive....

Just think where you'd be right now if you hadn't had to stop and read my reply??? ... seee

makes sense now doesn't it??

The only problem is that by resetting it to a limit of 5 there are no stars showing at all.It might be worth re-setting the limit to a value where at least some stars appear next to tutorials (say 2 or 3?) so that people can see the stars and are more encouraged to rate. Presumably we can always adjust the limit upwards once more people start to rate the tutorials.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Well if everyone who has posted in this thread rates the top few tutes on the page then we'll be straight over the 5 rating minimum and they'll start to show up already.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    Well if everyone who has posted in this thread rates the top few tutes on the page then we'll be straight over the 5 rating minimum and they'll start to show up already.
    Agreed! Gets to rating! I'll have a small change to the appearance of rating very soon.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Agreed! Gets to rating! I'll have a small change to the appearance of rating very soon.
    I bumped a few... Torstan, you now have a 5 star thread!
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast