Thread: June/July 2013 Lite Entry - Europe 1806

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

I have seen your maps and i really like them, too, but i lack the artistic skill to pull something off the comes close.
    I easily could add some noise or other random textures, but what for? Mountain ranges and rivers would make sense, but I have no time for researching them or bulding them in...

And maybe I'm spoiled by our cartography prof concerning such things. For her, even the "fading" coastlines would probably be too much decoration.

edit: and I thought a little bit about the future of the timeline. AsWillP said, without the Invasion in Russia Napoleon would have maintained his army and empire. England wouldn't have had helped as much as th the Canadians as much as they did when the US attacked in 1812, Germany wouldn't form (at least not this early, and not under prussian rule - but maybe under barbarian ...err, bavarian ) and maybe there even wouldn't have been the two World wars. Without WWI, the Habsburg Empire wouldn't have broken up (at least not this fast). With an Ottoman Empire this strong, there probably wouldn't be a french collonial Empire in Northern Africa...
    Last edited by Niall Mackay; 07-13-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    Conversation at university while writing our group report:
    "I'll make a map." - "We don't need a map, we only interviewed some people." - " I know, but it won't stop me from making one."