Thread: Modulable Dungeon Project - WIP.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Here's a couple wall examples, with the walls at 40 pix wide. Both have the outer walls pushed out to the outer edge of the floor tiles, but:

One version has the inner walls running down the center of the tiles, so the tokens never overlap the walls. However, you loose some space: 44 playable squares
    The other version has inner walls running down the center of the grid line (between the tiles), so the tokens overlap the walls. But you get more space: 52 playable squares

If your walls are fairly thin, like these, I personally think the inner walls running down the center of the grid (between the tiles) look better. And the token overlap is minimal. With thicker walls, though, the other option would probably look/work better. In my Maze Map the walls are quite thick, so I have them running down the center of the tiles.

But whatever you decide to do for the inner walls, I prefer the look of the outer walls with no overlap.

But it's all a matter of personal taste and what you want for playability. So, just some options to think about!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neyjour-Walls-Example-01.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	974.6 KB 
ID:	56225   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neyjour-Walls-Example-02.png 
Views:	106 
Size:	911.3 KB 
ID:	56226