Lingon's for sheer mappy excellence *and* a delightful story line.

Three others I'd have voted for if it wouldn't have made my voting nearly pointless :-). 1806 is deftly imagined, Niall - wonderfully clear, if simple. Simple is GOOD in the right situation, and this would suit a novel's endpapers-map nicely. The North American Front too is an imaginative feat, WillP. I don't quite buy the extent Mexico succeeds, BUT I can see with some carefull storytelling I could be convinced - certainly enough to suspend disbelief to enjoy a book or movie :-). Hey, I just saw Pacific Rim today ... suspension of disbelief for the greater good is still bubbling up. And then 1359, Lezales - I have a soft spot for raised water levels - I spent months once with a 1:250k (?) SE USA quad coloring in the valley of the Tennessee River *IF* one blocked the gorge below Chattanooga. Funsies. And drowning part of Europe does so nicely shuffle powers and potentials around - well done!

Mine feels incomplete 'cause I *wanted* to do more, but at least as is it tells PaRt of a story. Sentient Saurians and Sorta-Humans coexisting (Not).... should have been an, ahem, killer historical sketch. The font by the way *is* a bit too illegible if the map was to be actually used by anyone. As 'tis though, one-off, one-shot, fire-and-forget... it seemed about right.