Thread: My first map the continent of Rentalos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Hey Jimmy, welcome to the Guild!. The map has a pretty good landshape. Though There's many things to improve :
    - About labels : One of the most important thing no a map is labeling. Here the big labels on mountains and those on forests are hardly legible.
    - About brushes : putting brushes on a map doesn't make the map. You have to use them with care. the trees are way too big regarding mountains and towns icons. Those ones don't really fit the mountains/trees brushes and also looks blurry which doesn't help with consistency. The dots overalpping the whole map is also disturbing and not really pleasant to look at.
    - About some issues : You have a lot of rivers issues that attract eyes and don't make the map very consistent. I'd suggest to check the tutorials section (for instance here) to get your rivers at the right place. They're also too blurry and don't fit the outlines of the brushes. The coastlines looks a bit too pixellated.

Hope that doesn't sound too harsh, the comments are help to point some things you might work on to improve your next works I'd also strongly recommend you to start some WIP in the WIp thread on your next maps to receive feedback, critics and advices, which is really helpful.

Guild Novice

Honestly that's less harsh than i had imagined. I agree with what your saying completely. I figured that i should post the map so that someone might point out some of those mistakes that i had yet to notice. I've tried fixing a few of those you mentioned but i have no version of the map that is in its separate layers.