Thread: Underground Cavern System

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hey bud - great cavern map.

A few questions for ya:

Did you hand-draw in the spider webs for the web cave? They look pretty cool.

I love the stippling effect you did to accentuate the walls of the cavern but how did you do it?

Lastly - the addition of the small rocks and boulders really made the map 'feel' like a cavern. Did you draw them in or use some other technique?

Good work bud. Keep it coming!

-GP

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Thanks Green-Pilgrim.

Did you hand-draw in the spider webs for the web cave?
    They are a photoshop brush which after placing on the page I resized and rotated, then placed where I wanted them. Everything not inside the cavern was masked off.

I love the stippling effect you did to accentuate the walls of the cavern but how did you do it?
    Photoshop Outer glow with a custom gradient and lots of noise.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-08-23 at 9.33.27 PM.png 
Views:	160 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	57136

Lastly - the addition of the small rocks and boulders really made the map 'feel' like a cavern. Did you draw them in or use some other technique?
    This was pretty simple. They are all hand drawn "dots", but with a layer style. The layer has an outside stroke of 2px black. There are actually two layers that have the same style, but using two layers allowed me to "pile" the rocks on top of each other.

Hope this helps. And thanks again for the positive feedback.

Harold