Quote Originally Posted by GlassSphere View Post
So the file is 2000x2000 with 200dpi.
The detail is really tiny in this. I couldn't think up of any interesting additions for the moment, such as caves or things. I know I should have attempted a volcano, but was wanting to finish the other details first.
I realized one of my problems is that I love zooming in too much too often. This causes me to focus on making really nicely detailed paths and rivers, then go back to actual size to realize that my nice brook is only 2px wide and a dull color that barley stands out. The same goes for the buildings. Yet then again I did try to keep it somewhat in scale.
If you feel the urge to make a nice hugh town or city with a massive level of zoom enough for a CTT, it would not hurt my feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassSphere View Post
This is the first time I really feel that I effectively created a hilly area with mountains. I found the effect by accident too!
There is a bit of history behind some of the areas, and many secrets to be found on these newly settled islands. But unfortunately, I am too tired of wrestling the oceans into a pleasant effect to bother inventing it Maybe later. Likely never.

Tell me what you guys think!
Very nice map.....DARNY DARN..... I can't give ya any rep cause I must have not spread any out in the past 3 days or so since I last repped you... time to go looking for some nice older maps to rep people on. This is SWEET! and the water is to die for (well, not really)

Joe