Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it

I of course exaggerated the time it will take, they are not that time consuming But as Chashio said, the trees will be very small, and then I plan to cover pretty much all the land in the map with them, so it'll be a lot of trees.

Chashio, I'll gladly share it! I haven't decided on the best approach yet, but in the test I did it this way:
1. Over a dry background color, paint a zigzag outline for the forest, with all peaks pointing up and down. I did this with black ink, bit it would probably work just as well to paint it digitally.
2. Extend the peaks in the front and on the sides of the forests with quick, tapering strokes, creating overlapping cones. Paint some more cones inside the forest randomly.
3. Color the forest (I think I used a mix of Viridian Green, Indian Red and a small amount of black, if there are other watercolor users out there), blending the color into the background in the front and sides and keeping a sharp line at the back. With a clean, moist brush, rub out some highlights to make the green less monotone.

I don't think I'll be able to do it this way on the actual map though, as I stupidly used acrylic paint to cover some ink mistakes, and watercolors refuse to cover acrylics. So I'll probably have to use acrylics again for the forests, which would require a different approach, and possibly not blend very well with the rest which is why I'm also considering oils. I'll have to test both methods before foresting the map.