Thread: Region of Eglephron

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

SO I've been painting this greyscale mess for some topographical guidance but I'm totally lost now (whoops). I can't decide whether it is worth pursuing for some sort of bump map or whatever or scrapping this approach entirely. I'm torn between keeping it and ditching it. I'm also of two minds regarding of whether I want to do isometric drawn elements in the map or go for a more realistic topographical satellite photo approach. Right now I'm leaning towards ditching this entirely and doing the drawing, which will leave me leeway for my more detailed campaign maps.

The things I want represented on this map in some manner are pretty regular sorts of stuff. Vegetation, terrain, rivers and roads should there be any and major points of interest such as settlements or what have you. It could be that is too much for one map to handle well. The goal of this map I think is just an overview of things for the smaller detailed campaign maps. Maybe that is not refined enough?

Just for fun I've been playing with this in Wilbur, it turns out if you run 30 or so precipitation based erosion cycles most of the map becomes an endless expanse of green sea with some very nice looking hills.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Regional Ocean Downgraded.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	56295